We all love baking as a hobby. We become instant fans of those people who bake. Sometimes we used to wonder whether we would be good bakers or not. Let us admit we all think that baking is one of the toughest things to do. Well, this is not true as baking can be made easy if you know the right tricks.
There are many baking secrets that many people don’t share but if you know them then you can also be one of the favourite bakers of your friends and family. Here are some baking secrets which you might require to become one of the best bakers that your friends know.
- Preheat your oven at the right time and at the right temperature. Preheating your oven is very important as baking requires perfecting even the smallest detail. The identity of professional baker knows how to preheat their oven.
- We all are huge fans of chocolate chip cookies. Do you know that you have to let your cookie dough sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours or more so that it can rest and dry out a bit. This will give your cookies a better flavour and a better texture.
- Have you ever wondered how Pastry chefs cut their cakes into the most satisfying and clean pieces? Did you know that you can also cut your piece of cake without any crumbs? All you have to do is run your knife under hot water, dry it off and now you can also cut your piece of cake into the softest and smoothest one.
- Some recipes require a specific length of the width of the flour. For this, you should use a ruler.
- Have you ever come across a recipe which requires ingredients at room temperature? Well if you do so in future then run your ingredients under hot water (if possible) and you will have your ingredients at room temperature.
- You should use a weighing scale for measuring your ingredients. As I said before, baking requires perfecting every small detail so that your recipe turns out great. I prefer a digital weighing scale as it is accurate and easy to use.
- Do not keep your ingredients under direct sunlight. They can react with the sunlight and make your ingredients no good to use.
- Do not overwork your dough. Do not work on your dough more than required as it can result in developing more gluten. Hence, baking can become hard.
- You should bake for less time than given in the recipe. The oven temperature may vary and you never know if your treats will bake faster. If you do not want dry or burnt goods then you should take out 5 to 10 minutes from your recipe and bake for a little while.
- Do not rush the rise of your dough. Always wait for a little extra for your dough to rise and you will realise that you have the perfect dough to work with.
Since you have 10 amazing baking secrets I think you should go into your kitchen and start working on those brownies or those cookies that you always wanted to make. Do not be worried about the results and enjoy the process. Happy baking!