The end of the long week means the beginning of yearning for comfort food and good company. There is no season or reason to crave that BBQ chicken meal. The problem is rolling out of that armchair to put in the work. You could order in, but nothing beats the fresh off-the-grill/out-of-the-oven homemade experience. What’s more, you can make it a healthier BBQ meal. How? Take that Airfryer out, or buy it first if you missed that step!
With an Airfryer, you can do all the barbeque things at home. Just think about the calories and efforts you will be saving. Not to mention, you can involve your kids in this process, as this is a safer option than conventional barbecuing. So let’s barbeque chicken for your Sunday night dinner. To do this, you will need some ingredients like BBQ sauce, Cayenne pepper, brown sugar, Garlic powder, and olive oil.
What Should You Do?
- Firstly, brush about ½ tbsp olive oil or spray with cooking spray to prepare the basket or air fryer trays.
- Then, place the chicken in a single layer. Avoid stacking or overlapping any chicken pieces in the basket.
- To make the dry chicken rub, mix the brown sugar and 1 tsp garlic powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides of the chicken pieces. Pat the spice mix so that chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Air fry the chicken for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius. Halfway through cooking, turn the chicken over. Check the internal temperature to ensure it is 75 degrees C using a meat thermometer.
- When the chicken is cooking, please remove it from the air fryer basket or trays and brush it with barbecue sauce on both sides. Serve right away hot.
Serve it with some nice beverage or juice and have it chilly with your friends and family bingeing on some series or movie.
Thai Rice for your Air fried chicken
You can have Thai fried rice or regular fried rice with this. Barbeque chicken or noodles also will be a great combination with this.
What about kids?
Make something fun for your kids, too; in the barbeque section, you can make their version with potatoes and baby corn. You can also make baked mac n cheese or baked sweet potatoes for them.
The air fryer Once the BBQ chicken breast has cooled to room temperature, store it in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 5 days for the best results.
- Preheat the air fryer to achieve faster cooking and crispier chicken.
- To make cleanup easier, the Air fryer basket should be lined with parchment paper.
- Air Fry the skin side down first, then finish with the skin side up for crispy skin.
- Make sure the Air fryer basket is clean. Arrange the chicken in one layer. If necessary, cook in batches.
- Using an instant-read meat thermometer, check for doneness. as the chicken reaches 75 degrees Celsius, it is done.
So this is the perfect plan for your upcoming Sunday night, Try it and share your experiences with us; if you have made a better side dish, do let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.