Want to lose weight this winter season but are not sure of how to go about it? The winter season brings different tasty dishes along with itself to feast on. But due to these dishes people can experience a rise in their weight. This might make them rethink their decision of eating the dishes. But don’t you worry, here we are with a dish which will satisfy your taste buds and will also make sure that you lose fat instead of gaining more on eating.
The recipe which is discussed here is of Gajar ka Halwa. We are sure that as soon as the name of the halwa came up your taste buds would have become really happy, so here are some positive facts about eating the halwa and weight loss, which will encourage you to eat this during the winter season.
Weight reduction with low-calorie Gajar Ka Halwa?
First of all, the low-calorie gajar ka halwa uses elements that are not only healthful but also wonderful for losing weight, such as carrots, jaggery, ghee, and cardamom powder. Carrots, for instance, are a fantastic detoxifying meal since they contain compounds that can aid in liver cleansing. The high fibre content of carrots (both soluble and insoluble) helps you feel fuller for longer and aids in digestion, both of which can help you control your appetite and lose weight more quickly. Carrots’ lutein and lycopene content makes them useful for protecting eyesight and enhancing night vision.
The Hindi word for “jaggery” is “Gur,” and it is a similar natural sweetener that is rich in protein, fibre, and minerals and can help with weight loss. One meal that helps the body digest food more efficiently, purifies the blood, and eliminates toxins efficiently is jaggery.
Ghee, also known as clarified butter, has been shown to aid in weight loss and general health maintenance due to its nutrient density. In particular, the omega-3 (DHA) and omega-6 (CLA) fats found in ghee have been shown to promote lean body mass growth while decreasing fat mass.
The Indian spice cardamom, called elaichi in its native language, has been linked to a number of health advantages, including a reduction in body fat. Cardamom’s phytonutrients boost energy and cognition, according to research. As a matter of fact, it’s one of the best spices for avoiding obesity and losing weight. Nuts are beneficial since they facilitate weight loss and disease prevention because to their high protein and antioxidant content.
Here’s a recipe of how to make a low calorie halwa-
- 1 kg carrot, grated
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1-2 tablespoon melted ghee
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (elaichi) powder
- Jaggery to taste
- Chopped pistachios or other nuts, to garnish
- Place a pan over medium heat and when it’s hot, add the ghee.
- Now add the carrot shreds and stir-fry for 8 minutes, or until the carrots are dry and have absorbed the ghee, while constantly stirring. They should be a deep orange/red colour at this point.
- Coat the cooked carrots in cardamom powder, then add the jaggery and milk and stir until everything is well distributed.
- Stir constantly over a medium-low heat until the milk evaporates.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
- Serve hot, or store in an airtight jar in the fridge for later use.
Enjoy this recipe during the winter season and leave the worry of gaining weight while having it.