Every person needs to have the four most important meals of the day to keep his body fit and in proper working condition. Making sure that the body receives the required nutrients and protein is done by having all four meals. But there are moments when you have had your lunch but are still hungry as anything or suddenly after an hour or so start to crave some kind of food.
This is the time when one mustn’t eat something too heavy or too light. Something too heavy will make the person not have the next important meal of the day and something light will not suffice the craving or the hunger.
So, to solve this issue, here are some food recipes to satisfy post-lunch cravings.
Curry Hummus Detox Sandwiches
The sandwich is packed with healthy foods like avocado, cucumbers, red onions, hummus, and greek yogurt. This will be a perfect fit for someone who wants to make sure that the carvings are calmed down and also the food is healthy.
- Curry Hummus:
- 1 can chickpeas
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- water to thin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Herbed Greek Yogurt:
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped herbs – mint, cilantro
- Juice of ½ lemon + zest
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water to thin slightly
- Quick Pickled Red Onions:
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 bread slices
- Sprouts or lettuce
- Put all ingredients, including the chickpeas, in a food processor and pulse until creamy. Add a little water at a time until the hummus is the right consistency for you.
- To prepare the yogurt, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Keep chilled until ready to use.
- To prepare red onions, drain the onion slices in a sieve set over a sink. Bring some water to a boil and pour it over the red onions to par-boil them. In a container that can be sealed, combine the sugar and salt with the vinegar. Keep the jar of onions and cumin seeds in the fridge until you’re ready to use them.
- Apply a thick layer of hummus to one slice of bread. Slices of cucumber, avocado, and sprouts/lettuce should be placed atop the pickled onions. The other slice of bread gets a layer of herbed Greek yogurt, and it gets placed, yogurt side down, on top of the sprouts.
The banana wraps are nothing short of delicious. They contain all the proteins and potassium required by the Human body and are a perfect fit to satisfy one’s craving.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 4 bananas, ripe
- 4 tortillas,8″
- Apply 2 tablespoons of peanut butter evenly on each tortilla while leaving a bit (1”) of the border.
- Peel the banana and after straightening it gently place it into the center of the tortilla.
- Wrap the tortilla slowly which will ensure that the tortilla encases the banana.
- Slice and serve it in half.
Scrambled Egg Toast with Roasted Asparagus
The scrambled eggs and asparagus are a complete hit for someone who wants to have a quick and healthy brunch. It looks quite simple but as it’s the combination of scrambled eggs, toast, and Roasted Asparagus it makes it far better than what it looks to be.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bread
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Roast the asparagus in the oven properly.
- Toast the bread slices properly in the oven until they are golden brown. Then flip the slices to toast the other side.
- On the other side, in a medium mixing bowl, mix eggs, milk, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ pepper properly while making 8.
- In a nonstick pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Once the butter is melted add the beaten eggs and stir gently.
- This process will take around 10 to 12 minutes. Then add the Parmesan, chives, salt, and pepper according to the taste.
- Serve the eggs above the roasted loaves of bread and below the asparagus. Sprinkle extra chives and Parmesan if wanted.
In love with pasta? Well here’s something you don’t wanna miss on then. The recipe brings the whole wheat pasta along with ground turkey to your plates. The best part of the recipe is that it serves 4 people at once.
- 2 pounds of ground turkey (or ground beef)
- Onion powder
- Fresh minced garlic
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Favourite store brand marinara sauce
- Diary (milk or coconut milk)
- Extra virgin olive oil\
- Prepare a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and heat it over medium heat. Cook the minced garlic until its flavour emerges. Season the ground turkey generously with kosher salt, black pepper, and onion powder after browning it until it no longer tastes or feels like “flesh.”
- A turkey breast can be browned in a skillet before a jar of marinara sauce is added and the whole thing is thrown into the oven. Add a splash or two of red wine and boil to remove the alcoholic content. Add salt and Italian seasoning to taste, then simmer.
- Add about a quarter cup of water to thin out a gravy or sauce. Pasta water can be used instead of regular water for a more flavorful dish.
- Turkey should be added to the bolognese sauce and allowed to simmer for at least 20 minutes before the noodles are added.
Now that we have told you about different recipes which you can make to satisfy your post-lunch cravings. We are sure that you will not remain hungry when hunger strikes you at the wrong moments. Bookmark the blog to always be able to make these recipes without any mistakes.