The new year is just around the corner, and it is that time of the year when people make resolutions for themselves. It is time to reflect on the last year and ask yourself, “How do I want 2023 to be different?” Maybe you want to enjoy and have more fun, or maybe you want to be healthier, but no matter what changes you are thinking of making, there are certain New Year’s resolutions to make. Also, this is the time when you set your goals and put your best foot forward. You have to take the person you are and what you aspire to be and mold yourself into what you want to be.
Lose weight. Quit social media. Cut out alcohol completely. Eat healthily. Blah, blah, blah! These are all good goals, no doubt, but we set these goals every year and never really stick to them.
So, for 2023, why not shake things up a bit and try making resolutions of a different variety?
Here are some resolutions that are basically realistic and worth thinking about:
• Work out to feel good, not skinnier:
Instead of obsessing over the scale, obsess over how good you feel since you started being more active. In fact, numbers don’t mean much.
• Stop gossiping: Don’t be that person who is always busy spreading negativity. Be humble and spread positivity and love.
• Go someplace you’ve never been: Try to step outside of your comfort zone and do something daring. It is good for the body and soul and forces you to learn new things.
• Start Journaling: Write down one thing every night that you are grateful for End the night with gratitude and thanks, and you will feel a lot better when you lay your head down on the pillow to sleep.
• Drink more water: You are probably aware of how important drinking water is for your body, mind, and soul. So drink up!
• Start cooking: Cooking is therapeutic. You should learn to cook nice things for yourself when you feel low and bad. It really helps.
• Go green: Try to plant more trees this new year and use less plastic as much as possible. and start recycling.
New Year’s resolutions are all about hope, renewal, and developing our best selves. So, these are some really good ideas for you to try as a New Year’s resolution for 2023. Also, a new year represents 364 new opportunities to make a change for the better. But, always remember: do not be too hard on yourself, and take it one day at a time. This way you will be able to enjoy it. Every step, no matter how small, is a step in the right and positive direction.