With a lifestyle that we follow- eating junk every now and then, lack of exercise, and being lazy and lethargic getting into some or the other health issues is considered very common. One of the health concerns that can arise is liver problems. The liver is an essential organ that is responsible for multiple functions performed by our body, like making protein, production of bile, and converting nutrients into energy. When the liver is damaged all the functions get interrupted.Â
Fatty liver disease is a frequent illness characterized by excess fat buildup in the liver. Most people have no symptoms, and it has no major consequences for them. However, in some situations, it can cause liver damage. Being overweight, having type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome can cause fatty liver in some people.Â
The good news is that lifestyle adjustments can typically prevent or even correct fatty liver disease.
Here is a list of food that you should avoid at every cost to stay safe from the problems caused by fatty liver.
- Alcohol- Alcohol is a major and prime contributor to fatty liver disease and other liver illnesses. You have to stop consuming alcohol if you wish for a better and healthy liver.Â
- Sugar- Avoid sugary meals like sweets, cookies, sodas, and fruit juices. High blood sugar levels increase the amount of fat that accumulates in the liver. Sugar is extremely harmful and dangerous to consume if you are suffering from any illness related to the liver.Â
- Fried food items â These include a lot of fat and calories. Fried food should be stopped if you are diagnosed with fatty liver as it can increase complications.Â
- Salt- Excessive salt consumption can raise the risk of NAFLD. It is advised to reduce sodium intake to less than 2,300 mg per day. High blood pressure patients should limit their salt consumption to no more than 1,500 mg per day.Â
- White bread, rice, and spaghetti are all other options that are supposed to be avoided, Because white flour is often highly processed, foods cooked with it can spike your blood sugar more than whole grains.
The most incredible and interesting thing about the liver is its self-healing property. Limiting food consumption which is harmful and adding some sort of exercise in your day-to-day life will help in leading a happy and healthy life!