One Indian dessert that none of us can ever say no to is phirni. A bowl of chilled, nutty and delicious phirni can turn around a day for us. Kesar Phirni/Firni is an exotic Indian dessert which is prepared for any festival to celebrate joy, and happiness and spread sweetness among close ones.
This creamy-luscious dessert is an amalgamation of coarsely ground Basmati rice, Milk, Sugar, and dry Fruits and is flavoured by stunning Saffron (Kesar) and Cardamom. It is always served chilled in earthen bowls to reflect the authenticity of the dish. Here’s a Kesar Pista phirni by Tarun Dacha, that you can try at home.
Chef Tarun Dacha is the current Corporate Chef at Sarovar Hotels in Delhi. He is the youngest winner of the Golden Hat (2014) award. He also received the Silver Hat (2012) award. Chef Dacha has worked in multiple hotel chains including ITDC, Radisson, and Marriott, as well as cruise lines travelling, gaining experience from all over the world. He has also worked with famous chefs such as Chef Hans Lauer, Corporate Chef for the Hilton, and later for Disney World.
- 500 ml Full-fat milk
- 30 g Rice
- 30 g Sugar
- 50 g California Pistachios
- 2 tbsp Saffron Syrup
- 50 g Caramelised Sugar (for sugar net)
- Soak raw rice overnight and the next day makes a puree out of it.
- Boil milk and rice puree in a heavy bottom pan for 20 min on medium heat.
- Add chopped green pistachios, sugar and saffron syrup in the mixer.
- Cool down the mixer.
- Take the cold phirni mixer and put it on the centre of the serving plate and demould.
- Garnish with sugar net. Drizzle Roohafza from the top.
Use this perfectly tailor-made recipe by Tarun Dacha to Celebrate Joy and Sweetness with your loved ones. For more such delicious recipes, Visit our Recipies Section.