Have you ever stopped to marvel at Kiara Advani’s radiant and flawless skin? In the exquisite glamour that is Bollywood, Kiara Advani stands out not just for her acting genius but also for her luminous and healthy skin. Amidst the overwhelming myriad of options surfaced by the beauty industry, this simple yet transformative ritual is not only a fad, but the cornerstone of her radiance.
The secret might be simpler than you think. It’s not a gruelling workout or a 10-step skincare routine; it’s a simple cup of warm water, with a slice of lemon in it. Kiara’s morning habit of indulging in warm water infused with the zest of fresh lemons has become a conscious choice rooted in her approach to holistic well-being. The actress recommends this refreshing elixir not only for its skin-enhancing benefits but also for the multiple benefits it has in improving your overall health and vitality.
Hansa Yogendra, Director of The Yoga Institute in one of her videos on the health benefits of lemons mentioned, “Drinking one glass of lemon water every day in the morning will benefit you for a lifetime”. Her claim can further be supported by a research published in the Journal of Science and Technology which reveals that “It is a healthy appetiser and helps to treat diseases with digestive aids. Lemon does not disclose any adverse effects, according to literature, but it is used all over the world as a traditional medicine”. Vitamin C, which is abundantly present in lemons, fights toxins and increases collagen production in the body, both of which help in treating acne as well as tightening the skin and reducing fine lines and wrinkles. While lemons are famously known for their Vitamin C component, not many people are aware of their Potassium-rich skin, which is an important mineral for nervous stimulation as well as maintaining blood pressure. Here are a few more benefits of adding lemon water to your everyday diet:-
- Immediately soothes muscle cramps
- Peptin in lemons makes us feel fuller, thereby, helping in weight loss
- Boosts immunity by stimulating the production of White Blood Cells in the body
- Removal of kidney stones
- The lemon peel when infused in water for 30 minutes, activates its bioactive compounds which boost immunity and prevent our bodies from cellular damage
- It also helps in the release of digestive enzymes which help in better absorption of nutrients
This simple kitchen hack has proudly made its way into the celebrity wellness circuit. Not only Kiara Advani but also Alia Bhatt, Deepika Padukone, Kriti Sanon, and Malaika Arora have this one drink in common at the break of dawn.
Here are 3 ways, you can incorporate the lemon water glow into your morning routine:-
- Warm ginger lemon tea- Boil a glass of water with crushed ginger. When its done, squeeze a lemon into your glass and have it warm. To enjoy it in place of your morning tea, you may add a teaspoon of honey to it.
2. Ginger lemon shot – Take an inch of ginger root, and one squeezed lemon. Add enough water to blend it (3-4 tablespoons) in a blender, and have it as a morning shot.
3. Lemon-infused detox water- Cut up slices of one lemon and add it to your water bottle. Have 1-2 glasses of lemon water in the morning, and keep having the rest throughout the day.
While lemon water offers a myriad of health benefits, it’s crucial to exercise moderation. One lemon a day is a healthy limit, and people with gastroesophageal reflux disease should be cautious about excessive lemon juice intake. As with any dietary rituals, balance is key to ensuring you enjoy the advantages without overdoing it.